String Literal Docs

Alix Pexton alix.DOT.pexton at gmail.DOT.com
Sun Jun 20 13:22:35 PDT 2010

On 20/06/2010 20:14, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "div0"<div0 at users.sourceforge.net>  wrote in message
> news:hvlok6$1rfu$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 20/06/2010 18:55, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> "div0"<div0 at users.sourceforge.net>   wrote in message
>>> news:hvkrsc$2r5c$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> "multiple of 2" == "even number"
>>>
>>> "Even" as in "even vs odd"
>>
>> I also said 'To me that implies'. Please don't take what I said out of
>> context and be a smart arse about it. There's more than enough of that
>> goes on round here.
>>

> That wan't my intent, sorry if it came across that way. It sounded to me
> like you were implying there was a difference between "multiple of 2" and
> "even number". If that wasn't the case, then I guess I'm just not sure what
> you were really getting at.

 From looking at the source, I now know that all string literals can
have a postfix, and that as far as lexing goes, all strings are in UTF8.
I've not tracked down yet where the the value of the postfix is applied,
but I'm fairly certain that it would be easy enough to turn off the UTF
verification for the hexstrings at that end.

As far as making my diagrams, I don't think it matters, for now...

A...