finding a circular dependency

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 11:51:01 PDT 2010

I've been trying to get a modified version of std.process to compile (with
Lars K's changes) for windows, and phobos finally compiled.

So I built a little test program, compiled it, and I get the following
error message:

object.Exception: circular dependency in module std.stdio.

Great.  How did that happen?  Being that I didn't write std.stdio, only
modified it slightly (and certainly didn't change any imports), I haven't
the foggiest where this problem is.  Given that the runtime can prove
there is a circular dependency, and apparently knows the names of the
modules, how about showing me the cycle?

:P

I do not look forward to tracking this one down...

-Steve