This just in: authorless TDPL becomes collector's edition

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:20:50 PDT 2010

I got my collectors edition from Amazon US a few days ago.
I browsed it a bit and it looks like an interesting read even for
someone who basically knows D already.  Which is good, because anyone
who knows C or Java basically does already know most of D.  I liked
that about Stroustrup's book on C++, too, when I read it many moons
ago.  It had meaty examples that taught me something interesting, even
when that wasn't the main language instruction point.  For instance,
Stroustrup uses a recursive descent parser introduce some mundane
aspect of C++ -- statements, I think it was.   This book looks like it
might have some of that to it.

Anyway, thanks for the ack in the preface, Andrei!

--bb