Errors in TDPL

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:47:15 PDT 2010

On page 82 of TDPL, it's talking about try/catch/finally statements, and it
says that "all controlled statement must be block statements; that is they
must be enclosed with braces." However, dmd does not seem to require that
try/catch/finally blocks have braces, which is what I would expect that
sentence to mean. C++ has that restriction for reasons that I don't
understand, but as far as I can tell, D does not - certainly dmd doesn't
appear to require it. Is the statement correct but refers to something else,
or is it in error?

- Jonathan M Davis