Is there ANY chance we can fix the bitwise operator precedence rules?

BCS none at anon.com
Mon Jun 21 20:45:22 PDT 2010

Hello Jonathan,

> "goto case" does seem a bit silly, but I think that it's clearer and
> less error prone for anyone who understands "goto case."

Say I have some code with a fall through. If I use the goto case X; version,
it allows the cases to be freely reordered. OTOH if I use the other option,
it doesn't. I think that the more likely error is for someone to rearrange
my code and not notice that a case falls thought (with goto case; this causes
a bug) rather than rearrange it and expect it to fall through where it doesn't
(with goto case X; this causes a bug). For one thing, if you want it to fall
thought, you are already thinking about that issue.

--
... <IXOYE><