Is there ANY chance we can fix the bitwise operator precedence rules?

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Tue Jun 22 05:17:18 PDT 2010

On 06/22/2010 12:06 AM, Don wrote:
>> Finally, goto is ugly and continue is strongly associated with looping.
>
> ? It's most commonly used in error handling.
> But, fallthrough actually is a goto.

Do I really have to argue that goto is mostly deprecated, and has been
for decades? Lots of programming constructs are specialized versions of
goto. Sure, a well placed goto can still be good in some error handling
situations, but it's use should be limited.

Anyways, I find it interesting that somebody in another post said they
already put //fallthrough comment in their code, which supports that the
most obvious and simplest thing to do is make it a keyword. It would
also make for a good suggestion in an error message: "fallthrough required".