Errors in TDPL

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:14:42 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 06/21/2010 03:32 PM, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
>> I was biting my tongue on the subject, but on page 73 the grammar for
>> the do while loop has a semicolon at the end. AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
>> THERE IS NOOOOOOO SEMICOLON AT THE END.
>>
>> Wow. Sorry. This is a pet peeve of mine.
>
> Can't help that, sorry...
>
> Andrei

Well, while I, personally, would put a semicolon there (it feels naked to me
without one), dmd doesn't actually seem to require it. But TDPL says that
the semicolon is required. So, it does appear to be an error in the text. Of
course, there's no helping his pet peeve regardless, but the semicolon
doesn't appear to be required.

- Jonathan M Davis