DMD Backend Long-term

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 22 20:49:36 PDT 2010

On 6/22/2010 7:07 PM, BCS wrote:
> Hello Brad,
>

>> I agree that excess paranoia isn't warranted, but neither is willful
>> ignorance.
>
> Willful ignorance is the recommendation in some shops as it avoids
> triple damages.

What I meant was s/ignorance/infringement/.. major disconnect between brain and
keyboard there.

Actually, most business (at least those smart enough to pay attention to patents
and the dangers involved) encourage encapsulated ignorance.  Engineers stay in
the dark but the legal teams stay informed and guide the engineers away from
likely landmines if needed.

And that's likely about all I should talk about this subject.  In fact, most of
this thread is worth dropping as not really helping anyone or anything.  If
you're concerned, consult a lawyer.

Later,
Brad