Is it time for D1 to die of natural causes?

Don nospam at nospam.com
Wed Jun 23 07:18:16 PDT 2010

Justin Johansson wrote:
> Now that Andrei's much anticipated publication of TDPL is out, is it
> time that D1 should now perish?
>
> My personal feeling is that by cremating D1, time and effort can then be
> better expended and focused on solidifying D2.
>
> Cheers
> Justin Johansson

I estimate that D1 has at least a year before it becomes "the legacy
version". In any case, there's not much effort going specificially into
D1 at the expense of D2.
But it's probably time to change statements about D2 being an unstable
beta version, and we should start to encourage newcomers to use D2
rather than D1.
In particular, we should make sure that tutorials and documentation
should be updated to D2, or else clearly marked as applying only to D1.