Is it time for D1 to die of natural causes?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jun 23 12:42:04 PDT 2010

Lutger:
> From reading
> the TDPL I get the feeling the language is somewhat more stable and focus has
> shifted, but not set in stone at all.

Future evolution of D2 will be more backward compatible (breaking backward compatibility only in small situations), but the only languages set in stone are the dead ones.
So some change and evolution will be present, also because no very large D2 systems have being written yet, so it's not battle-tested yet, so some changes can turn up being useful only lot of people start using it for real. In Bugzilla there are some bugs already known for example about array that contain objects that need to be addressed before D2 can be considered stable enough for serious OOP use. Fixing this important bug can require some small changes in D2.

Bye,
bearophile