DMD Backend Long-term

BCS none at anon.com
Wed Jun 23 21:34:10 PDT 2010

Hello bearophile,

> But it's economically advantageous for Microsoft to make it easy for
> people to create new compilers and languages for Windows that work
> well with other Windows programs. So in my opinion having a good
> Clang++ on Windows is good for the economic well-being of Windows.
> They can grant LLVM a free licence to use Windows-style exceptions.

It should be safe to assume that most windows programs (by how many are running)
are compiler with MSVC and at $800 to $5000 (and up IIRC) a pop why should
they do anything to help the competition? Seriously, I suspect that GCC,
LLVM, etc. are literally irrelevant to how much MS makes off Windows.

--
... <IXOYE><