guide for building DMD/Phobos from SVN (on Linux)?

Graham Fawcett fawcett at uwindsor.ca
Thu Jun 24 09:26:07 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

Is there a guide somewhere on building DMD/Phobos from SVN? I wanted
to try my hand at fixing a few bugs, but I suspect the environment I
built is broken.

On a Linux box, I checked out dmd, druntime and phobos from SVN;
twiddled the makefiles to fix paths; built them in that order; and set
up my dmd.conf. Everything seems to work okay at first: a simple
hello-world program compiles and executes properly. But if I compile
it with '-unittest', I get a series of messages like this:

/home/graham/dmd/druntime/trunk/src/core/thread.d(758): volatile
statements deprecated; used synchronized statements instead

Have I done something wrong? Any general pointers or advice?

Thanks,
Graham