The X Macro

Jeff Merrick merrick.jd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 00:44:48 PDT 2010

At the company I work for we call these "macro maps" and we always pass the X macro as a parameter.
Macro maps are common knowledge here because they are used fairly extensively; in the filesystem alone I
found 16 instances of the technique.

The token pasting that's often used in conjunction with macro maps often makes it difficult to find the
definition of the constructed token, but as far as keeping different tables and declarations in sync with one
another, I've yet to find a good alternative in C.