TraceHandler not being called on Access violation

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Fri Jun 25 02:06:37 PDT 2010

I'm currently implementing a stack backtrace for D 2.0 which provides
additional information for D Errors and Exceptions through the runtime trace
handler. It is already working for exceptions and errors, but for a access
violation the trace handler is not called. As I'm currently writing the
windows version of the backtracer (linux version will follow) I tried to use
the UnhandeledExceptionFilter from the win api, but it is not being called
when a access violation happens, so it seems that the D 2.0 implementation
does handle the error in some way. Is there a other error handler that is
being called on a access violation or is there no possibility to provide a
backtrace for a access violation yet?

Regards
Benjamin Thaut