enforce()?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Jun 25 05:54:54 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-25 05:17, Sean Kelly wrote:
> Lutger<lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Sean Kelly wrote:

>>> I should add that I'm hoping the message passing model in D will help
>>> encourage reliable system design.  With thread isolation it should be
>>> pretty
>>> easy to move parts of a program into separate processes as need
>>> dictates.
>>
>> Can we look forward to seeing ipc supported in phobos via the same
>> interface in
>> the future? I really like the api you have created.
>
> Yes. The core send/receive API should work just fine for IPC, and it's
> definitely on the map.  The greatest obstacle there is probably the need
> for a solid serialization/deserialization package in Phobos.

I have a serialization library, http://dsource.org/projects/orange/ ,
this is a list of some its features:

* It handles both serializing and deserializing
* It automatically serializes the base classes
* It supports events (before and after (de)serializing)
* It supports non-serialized fields (you can say that some fields in a
class should not be serialized)
* It's licensed under the Boost license
* It's fairly std/runtime library independent
* You can create new archive types and use them with the existing serializer
* Serializes through base class references
* Serializes third party types

Currently it only works using Tango but the only part of the library
that is dependent on the std/runtime library is XMLArchive, I'm
currently working on porting it to Phobos. It also needs testing.

Also issue 2844 and the one, can't find it now, about getMembers is not
implemented at all (returns an empty array).

--
/Jacob Carlborg