The X Macro

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Fri Jun 25 06:11:53 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> http://www.drdobbs.com/blog/archives/2010/06/the_x_macro.html
>
> Even though D doesn't have a text macro preprocessor, this can be done
> using string mixins and a bit of CTFE.

Very cool article.  Thanks Walter, I'll try to remember to pass that on
to my grandkids :-)

Also on that DDJ page I saw the ad for the Samsung Bada developer challenge.

http://developer.bada.com/challenge/index.do

There is some decent $prize money on offer here.  Of course you have to
use the Samsung Bada SDK which I understand is C++.

Naturally we would all delight in one of the winning entires being some
Bada app written in D.

Now thinking about a killer app for D, me thinks it doesn't really
matter what that app really does or if even it is really lame.

The real kill would come from a D app winning a prize in the Bada
Developer Challenge.

So wadda you reckon?