Make D more public visible

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Sat Jun 26 09:56:49 PDT 2010

Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:26:19 +0000, BCS wrote:

> Hello Simen,
>
>> On 25.06.2010 19:47, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>>> "Simen Haugen"<simen at norstat.no>  wrote in message
>>> news:i01t9q$2oj8$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> All I'm going to say is:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/digitalmars-d@puremagic.com/msg31735.html
>>> -------------------------------
>>> Not sent from an iPhone.
>>
>> Hehe. From this and other posts you make, it seems you are suffering
>> from a serious case of the NIH syndrome :)
>>

> Why do you say that? After writing about half of that thread, I am of
> the opinion he holds his opinion for reason that have nothing to do
> worth NIH.

The sad fact is, there can't be many good stackoverflow kind of sites.
You can perhaps attract some part of the community, e.g. noobs or d users
in this case, but you can't beat stackoverflow anymore. What we had
before? Expert-sexchange. All kinds of crap with closed source mentality.
And national programming boards. Stackoverflow revolutionized things, you
can't beat it. And no, writing the web server won't make it better/faster
- it would just suck more. NIH.