Status of std.xml (D2/Phobos)

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Sun Jun 27 06:30:26 PDT 2010

Justin Johansson wrote:
> May I ask is anybody working on redeveloping std.xml in the D2/Phobos
> library?  (Currently it looks like it needs to be started over from
> scratch)
>
> Also what is the level of interest from library users for decent XML
> support in D2/Phobos?
>
> Cheers
> Justin Johansson

Lutger said: Interested, very much so. I think many people are.

Simen said: Absolutely. It is a necessity.

Thanks for fast replies from Lutger and Simen.

Being an XML/W3C addict myself I well concur with Simen and Lutger's
sentiments.

However, Lutger simply saying that he "thinks" *many* people are
interested is not good enough for me.

Would the *many* people also please add a voice along with Simen et. al.
to inspire me to contribute to the D2 XML effort (of course under a
Walter-endorsed style of licence).

Brief about me:
I believe I possess the skills and experience in XML/XSLT & other
W3C stuff together with 20+ years as a C++ developer to contribute
good, peer-reviewable work;
It's just that I need inspiration to put this task into action.
The only other thing is that any offer on my part is conditional upon
obtaining a "sabbatical break", hopefully in the next month or so
to be able to put in the time to make it happen.

Cheers
Justin Johansson