This just in: authorless TDPL becomes collector's edition

Sun Jun 27 09:46:00 PDT 2010

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:59:32 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Due to a pretty odd mistake at the printer, the first 1000 copies of
> TDPL will not have the name of the author on their cover. (The name
> still appears on the back cover and the spine.)
>
> The history of printing is rife with rare printing mistakes that have
> become collector's editions. Preorder now to be among the first 1000
> readers who get the authorless TDPL edition.

I received my collector's edition yesterday, and I'm telling you, with
all this hype, it had better be worth something in 40 years' time. ;)  I
got it just in time, too.  I'm going to Canada for a conference tomorrow,
and it'll be perfect reading material during the long flight across the
Atlantic.

I've read the first two chapters already, and I have to say it's a
thoroughly enjoyable read.  The examples are good, the colloquial style
makes the material more interesting (as if it wasn't interesting to begin
with!), and the rapid-fire puns are delivered in style. ;)  Well done!

-Lars