Status of std.xml (D2/Phobos)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jun 27 10:40:16 PDT 2010

"Justin Johansson" <no at spam.com> wrote in message
news:i07jpn$tt$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Justin Johansson wrote:
>> May I ask is anybody working on redeveloping std.xml in the D2/Phobos
>> library?  (Currently it looks like it needs to be started over from
>> scratch)
>>
>> Also what is the level of interest from library users for decent XML
>> support in D2/Phobos?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Justin Johansson
>
> Lutger said: Interested, very much so. I think many people are.
>
> Simen said: Absolutely. It is a necessity.
>
> Thanks for fast replies from Lutger and Simen.
>
> Being an XML/W3C addict myself I well concur with Simen and Lutger's
> sentiments.
>
> However, Lutger simply saying that he "thinks" *many* people are
> interested is not good enough for me.
>
> Would the *many* people also please add a voice along with Simen et. al.
> to inspire me to contribute to the D2 XML effort (of course under a
> Walter-endorsed style of licence).

I'm interested. I've been thinking of porting some of my stuff from D1/Tango
to D2/Phobos (*not* because of political reasons or anything against Tango
or any Tango team member), so anything that I'm using from Tango that
doesn't have a good Phobos equivilent would be a roadblock. XML (reading) is
one of those things.