Status of std.xml (D2/Phobos)

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jun 28 04:24:06 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-27 07:04:30 -0400, Justin Johansson <no at spam.com> said:

> May I ask is anybody working on redeveloping std.xml in the D2/Phobos
> library?  (Currently it looks like it needs to be started over from
> scratch)
>
> Also what is the level of interest from library users for decent XML
> support in D2/Phobos?

I have made my own parser, comprised of a tokenizer and a mini DOM layer.

I'm not sure how to qualify the tokenizer: it's mainly based on
callbacks like an event parser, but a callback can decide to stop the
parsing process and return to the original caller of the tokenizer
(which can later restart parsing), it can choose to continue parsing
the next token, or to recursively continue to run the parser using a
different set of callbacks. From there it's trivial to efficiently
implement a pull parser or a SAX parser, but the way callbacks can
recursively call the tokenizer allows greater flexibility than those
two models.

The mini DOM I've made is based on this tokenizer, but is quite
ordinary in comparison.

Here's the generated documentation:

http://michelf.com/docs/d/mfr/xmltok.html
http://michelf.com/docs/d/mfr/xml.html

I'm slowly revamping it to use ranges instead of strings.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/