MPIR lib

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jun 28 14:36:19 PDT 2010

On 2010-06-28 16:22:47 -0400, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> said:

> bearophile wrote:
>> This is derived from the GNU multiprecision libs:
>> http://www.mpir.org/
>> It has LGPL licence, is this usable as implementation of D2 bigint?
>
> No, LGPL is not a Boost compatible license. It is considerably more
> restrictive.

I've used MAPM in the past, it worked well for what I did. The license
is much less restrictive, but is still a little more than boost's. But
perhaps there's a chance someone can convince the author to make it
boost-compatible. It can do arbitrary precision ints and floats.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~ringx004/mapm-main.html

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com