I'd like to try D, but...

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jun 30 04:49:45 PDT 2010

Neal Becker:
> Yes, I'm very interested in pyd.  Is this still actively
> developed/maintained/used?

It used to work well enough on D1. I have used it some times, Pyd was one of my motivations to learn D in the first place, because writing Python extensions in D with Pyd is for me much better than using Cython or SWIG. With just a bit of work it can probably work on the latest D1. And with some more work it can be ported to D2. As D2 gets more debugged more D1 libs will be ported to D2.

Bye,
bearophile