Container hierarchy vs. container types

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Fri Mar 5 01:44:46 PST 2010

> I want to bring to STL's design are (a) a better categorization of
> containers, (b) of course replace iterators with ranges, (c) either
> eliminate allocators or make them work.

I would like to see : collection update events. The C# C5 library is
(afaik) the only container library which implements this very useful
feature. (example a database informs connected users about relevant
changes to force update the GUI, no need to pull just in case every 5
seconds)

Beside, Implementing update events could be a good reason to give
std.pattern a new try...

http://www.itu.dk/research/c5/

> Please speak up - the future of D depends, in small part, on
> this too.
> Andrei

I think it is a big win for the D2 community to have a container
library. I.E. porting C++ will be more comfortable.
Bjoern