Is D a cult?

Bane branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 04:10:43 PST 2010

retard Wrote:

> Sun, 07 Mar 2010 05:05:03 +0000, BCS wrote:
>
> > Hello Jane,
> >
> >> Is D a cult?
> >>

> > No, not yet. Walter hasn't figured out how to brain wash people over a
> > newsgroup yet. However I think Andrei's working on it and Don should
> > have a patch in time for TDPL going out ;b
>
> FWIW, I think there is a kernel of truth in the original claim. People
> tend to agree evey time Walter proposes a new feature such as built-in
> regexps - yes, they were removed shortly afterwards. But when bearophile
> or some retard propose some features from functional languages that are
> natural extensions to existing ones, everyone hates them and tells us to

Blasphemy! Heretic!

Joke aside, you are right from your point of view. On the other hand, I feel there is always risk for a project to became a bloated mess if it tries to satisfy needs of too many people, so some form of authority is needed to trim request here and there. Is that authority flawless? Of course not. Some good features are missing, some bad are still here, I am getting bolder each day and executables are growing bigger with each version. Other thant that, it got it pretty right so far otherwise we wouldn't be here having this chat :D