Is D a cult?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Mar 7 14:52:09 PST 2010

retard wrote:
> It's perfectly clear to me that no matter what you do, D won't become a
> functional language because the core runs on an imperative Turing
> machine. But the functional constructs can help building more readable
> and reliable code. That's why C# and Scala got those features..

I'll reply to your other points later, but this one bothers me. Neither
C# nor Scala support pure functions or immutable data structures, which
are fundamental to FP. I don't see how they can be considered as
supporting functional programming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scala_(programming_language)#Functional_programming

http://www.25hoursaday.com/weblog/CommentView.aspx?guid=3D5755BF-43CF-4D47-A7EC-B60F6B536702