Is D a cult?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Mar 7 15:27:15 PST 2010

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Walter Bright, el  7 de marzo a las 11:17 me escribiste:
>>> - Tuples (no auto-folding, real product types)
>> Tuples can be better, I agree.
>
> Is nice to see that at least now you recognize that tuples can use some
> improvement.

There are significant technical problems with having functions return
tuples.

The problem is that alignment for arguments passed as parameters is
fundamentally different from that for struct fields. Having tuple
returns, tuples as fields, and tuples as function arguments all conflict
with each other over this.