Container insertion and removal

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 19:17:13 PST 2010

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 06:42:10 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

> Iterator invalidation has been a notion thoroughly explored by the STL
> and a commonly-mentioned liability of STL iterators. People find it very
> jarring that syntactically identical interfaces have distinct effects on
> iterators, it's a dependency very difficult to track. I'm glad that that
> experience has already been accumulated and that we can build upon it.

Is there any experience that led to a solution, even in theory?

I'm going to stop arguing this point any further, because the quickest
path to resolution is probably for you to stop wasting time debating with
me and implement what you think will work.  Then we can see how useful it
might be.

If you can solve this problem in a way that is useful, I think it might be
as revolutionary as ranges are.

-Steve