Proposal: Multidimensional opSlice solution

Norbert Nemec Norbert at Nemec-online.de
Tue Mar 9 00:47:17 PST 2010

Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> On 03/08/2010 08:49 PM, bearophile wrote:
>>
>>> Admitted, the last case does not work quite as nicely with ".." as it
>>> does with Python's ":". Still, the point should be clear.
>>
>> I have never understood why Walter has adopted .. for slices instead
>> of the better :
>> I'd like to know why.
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> Ternary ?:, I suppose.

Why not simply split up the ternary a?b:c into a nested expression

	a?(b:c)

The binary ":" could simply be an expression that may only appear in
special contexts: on the right side of binary "?" expressions or within
indexing expressions.