The D license

Michiel Helvensteijn m.helvensteijn.remove at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:02:03 PST 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Michiel's rhyme is a reference to, and slight modification of, the
> children's book by Dr. Seuss "Green Eggs and Ham" (I had that as a kid).

I didn't know it as a kid. But it is referenced so often in popular
television series and such, I eventually had to look it up. It's a catchy
rhyme.

The Scarlet Pimpernel is often referenced too. He's mentioned in at least
Black Adder the Third and The Simpsons (where he is pitted against Zorro).
Who says people need literary education? We just need TV. ;-)

--
Michiel Helvensteijn