dmdz

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Mar 11 18:33:55 PST 2010

Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> So I'm toying with a prototype, which is proving nice enough, but there
> be a few things that I'm not quite sure which way to go with.

How about:

    dmdz ...stuff... foo.zip ...morestuff...

being semantically identical to:

    dmdz ...stuff... (expanded contents of foo.zip) ...morestuff...

In other words, it works just like wildcard expansion:

    dmd ...stuff... *.d ...morestuff...

Just think of foo.zip as a macro that expands to a list of the files
that are the contents of foo.zip (while ignoring files that are not
usable as input to dmd).

The neato thing is that, for a user, there's nothing to learn about
using dmdz.