[OT] Thunderbird 3 vs. 2

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 12 11:40:14 PST 2010

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:hne38s$a8f$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 03/12/2010 12:48 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Andrei Alexandrescu"<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote in message
>> news:hne1t0$72k$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> OE (at least as of the last time I used it) is much worse than TB, no
>>> question about that. One simple matter - you can't archive messages
>>> without using the mouse. As bad as Thunderbird is, it is way more
>>> productive than OE.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Current folder: Alt-F, F, C
>> All folders: Alt-F, F, F
>
> ?
>
> I have one folder called "Archive" in my IMAP account. I have read a
> message and I want that message moved to "Archive". What steps do I need
> to take?

I never really use IMAP, so I'm not sure if this will apply (though I assume
it will), but this works for me:

Move message (email-only): Ctrl-Shift-V, then type (or use arrow keys) to
navigate to the desired target folder, then Enter to move it, or Esc to
cancel.

Copy message (both email and newsgroup): Just like "move", but use "Alt-E,
P" instead of "Ctrl-Shift-V".

Not sure if that's good enough?

Of course, this is all on XP, Outlook Express v6.00.x. For all I know they
may have changed things for Vista or 7 (although, after having actually
tried both Vista and 7, they'd have to drag XP from my cold dead hands).