[OT] Thunderbird 3 vs. 2

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Mar 12 12:12:34 PST 2010

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:hne5tf$f8a$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 03/12/2010 01:40 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>> I never really use IMAP, so I'm not sure if this will apply (though I
>> assume
>> it will), but this works for me:
>>
>> Move message (email-only): Ctrl-Shift-V, then type (or use arrow keys) to
>> navigate to the desired target folder, then Enter to move it, or Esc to
>> cancel.
>>
>> Copy message (both email and newsgroup): Just like "move", but use
>> "Alt-E,
>> P" instead of "Ctrl-Shift-V".
>>
>> Not sure if that's good enough?
>
> Well it would be difficult to compare to Shift-A. To be frank it's a
> non-starter.

I suppose so. Personally, I don't use a separate archive folder, I find
read/unread (plus custom sorting rules for incoming mail) to work fine, so
for me it's a non-issue.

>> Of course, this is all on XP, Outlook Express v6.00.x. For all I know
>> they
>> may have changed things for Vista or 7 (although, after having actually
>> tried both Vista and 7, they'd have to drag XP from my cold dead hands).
>
> Pledging allegiance and/or being a fan of a Windows OS is an interesting
> concept :o).

Heh :)

In all truthfullness though, out of all OSes, there is one and *only* one
that I actually like, and that's PalmOS (and particularly the ones before
they screwed up Grafitti). But that's abandoned now in favor of that WebOS
Google/Apple-wannabe crap, plus it never would have worked well as a desktop
OS anyway.

I don't actually like Windows or MS all that much, but I absolutely hate OSX
(and post-Woz Apple as a whole), and as far as Linux/Unix, well, there's a
lot that I do and don't like about those (for instance, I can't find a file
manager that doesn't piss me off), so I figure "Better the devil I know",
hence Windows. And as far as windows goes, the only changes I particularly
like about Win7 are that renaming doesn't select the extention and the
ability to *always* use folder-tree view in the file explorer. But those are
small and there's a bunch of other things I don't like that I can't change,
so it's XP for me.