Best Builder to Use

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Fri Mar 12 14:07:57 PST 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> As alternatives to 'make', there's also A-A-P, Python SCons and Ruby Rake.
> None of them will do automatic D dependencies (SCons and Rake definitely
> don't, and I don't think A-A-P does, but I could be wrong),

	Actually, SCons does support D dependencies (I should know, I wrote
the current code for it), but the support is pretty basic. All it
does is look for "import" statements, locate the corresponding
source files and add them as dependencies. It does not take static
ifs into account, and it won't see import statements generated by a
mixin (but it will allow you to add dependencies manually).

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr