On * Language Design

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Mar 13 14:23:47 PST 2010

Bane:
> Just found some truth in all said above. Luckuly, difference between D1 and D2 isn't that great (I hope)....

I think Walter & Co. have taken the right decisions about versions and releases, so I am happy about how he has managed the versions.
The only thing that I don't fully like is the release date for the D2, I think it's a little too much early, because I think few more tiny breaking changes can be useful for D2. (But I know Andrei's situation). Thankfully Andrei has probably avoided to put part of the dark corner cases of D2 in his book, so they can be fixed still :-)

Bye,
bearophile