Templates everywhere

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 07:59:53 PDT 2010

I was looking at some of my code today, I was surprised to see it was almost 100% templated: functions, mixin, structs, 'real' templates, what have you. Apart from main, what I write these days is full of (U,T...) if () {} and templates of templates of templates.

That's quite an evolution, because when I discovered D 2 years ago coming from C++, I only used foreach and dynamic arrays. In C++, I never had any reason to create my own templates and couldn't wrap my head around anything template-y more complicated than 'containers of T'.

Today I think in templates (well, at least I try to...). So:

1- thanks Walter for opening new vistas to me. Doing templated code in D is so fun and powerful that you transformed forever the way I look at problems.
2- Do other have a similar evolution?

  Philippe