Constraints & Concepts [Was: Re: C++0x news]

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Tue Mar 16 00:18:47 PDT 2010

On 15/03/2010 22:26, Walter Bright wrote:
> anton smith wrote:
>> bearophile Wrote:
>>
>>> General comment on the cpp0x.html page: C++/C++0x and Java are legacy
>>> languages (but the most
>>> successful), so they can't be enough to design D. So I suggest to try
>>> for few days the C#3.5+
>>> and Scala languages too, they probably already solve some of the
>>> problems that need to be found
>>> D still...
>>
>> Indeed, just observing C++/C++0x is a bit short-sighted. The C++ has
>> never been a great source of
>> language innovation.
>
> No language other than D has implemented anywhere near the capability
> C++ has with generic metaprogramming.
>

>> Probably 75% of D could have been invented by just improving C++ with
>> C# 3.5 features.
>> Properties, delegates, strings in switches, extension methods etc.
>
> D is older than C# 1.0.

that's true.
Guess, I like C# because it is close to D.

just wonder ..
Horse horse  = new Horse(); //really the end of wisdom ?

what the heck is that good for >
Horse horse = new Horse{);

Horse() horse; // should do the trick cause a horse is a horse is a
horse of course

will finish the beer now and and have a sleep..