dmdz

BCS none at anon.com
Wed Mar 17 20:30:00 PDT 2010

Hello Andrei,

> The idea is to not extract the files every time you build. If they are
> in place already, the tool should recognize that.

The difference in speed between disk IO and CPU /might/ be high enough that
(unless the uncompressed file is cached or you round trip it back to the
disk) reading from the zip may be faster. I know that on linux there is a
way to pass a stream as a file name (I forget what happens under the hood,
but bash uses the ">(cmd)" syntax to do it) so you could work with that.

--
... <IXOYE><