Guide for D

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu Mar 18 09:21:37 PDT 2010

On 18/03/10 15:38, John S wrote:
> I'm in need of a guide for programming with D2. I don't mean the documentation or anything. I know there's a book but it's not out yet.
>
> Also I don't like Tango so I'm not going to use that.
>
> Thanks.

As far as I know you're pretty much on your own until the book is
available, the documentation is your best bet. If you know another C
style language, the example at
http://digitalmars.com/d/2.0/index.html is probably a good starting
point if you want a general overview of how things look/feel. If you can
understand that you should be able to adapt it and start working on your
own programs. From there you can use the search feature on the same site
to find information about specific features or find library functions.
If you get stuck, the people on D.learn will be able to help you along
with anything you need :)

I don't know how up to date it is, but there's also
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi which has a couple of links for
learning D as both a first or second language, I haven't check if it's
for D1 or D2 though. It'll probably be a bit of a bumpy ride learning D2
until the book is released and it comes out of alpha... It is currently
at a feature freeze, so hopefully it won't be long.

Good luck :)