dmdz

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Mar 18 17:36:28 PDT 2010

On 03/18/2010 06:43 PM, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> On 19-3-2010 1:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> i.e. simply expand the file in the command line. No need for any
>> extravaganza. But even dmdflags.txt I'd think would be a bit much. And
>> speaking of cmdline stuff, assume find, zip, etc. are present on the
>> host system if you need them.
>
> and I'm out..
>
> I'm using Windows and don't have any of those (well, I have MS's
> FIND.EXE but that has nothing in common with posix')

You're right.

> Anyway, Ellery is right: general stuff that dmdz needs could probably be
> moved into Phobos at some point.

I looked around. basename and dirname suggest that the ones in phobos
have issues (what are those?), and some other functions rely on
path2list which I'd hope to replace with a range so as to not allocate
memory without necessity.

> As for "module", couldn't dmd include
> an option to output these, similar to the way it outputs deps?

I think that would be a natural thing to ask for. Until then I don't
think there's a real need for supporting module declarations in dmdz.

Andrei