Improve D1/D2 home page

Bane branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 11:37:43 PDT 2010

> I'm not color blind (yes, I was tested!), but I might as well be because
> everyone says I have no taste in colors (or web design, for that matter).
I believe design and programming skills don't go hand in hand.

> There's no store set on the current scheme of the pages.
>
> So if you or anyone has specific suggestions, feel free.

Easy :D use some existing design. Examples of some websites:

Minimalistic design I like very much:
http://www.sqlite.org/docs.html
D is more complex project, so I guess it wont cut it.

Maybe some sort of wiki/tracking system for software development would be usefull? It would solve horrible design + enable more people to change/add contents? Here again design I like:
http://trac.edgewall.org/
There are many similar projects, they include repository, wiki, bug tracking and all things D need.

Using some of it has many benefits: more people are familiar with it so they would know how to use it and contribute + there are templates for pretty design so no more bitching about horrible colors + it offers some predefined ways to organize tons of data D is all about for easier use.

I mean D website has lots of data and lack of administrators, it is in danger to evolve in this horrible mess:
http://www.firebirdsql.org/
So many bright colors, so much data,  so much noise (to be fair, it looks better now than a year ago).