Scope operator like in C++?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 07:23:30 PDT 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:08:08 -0400, Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:

>> If you want to provide a "header file" for this, you may do so with a
>> di file (d interface).  [...]
>> The drawbacks of doing it this way are 1) you have to maintain two
>> files instead of one, with almost identical contents
>
> You forget the -H switch.
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-linux.html#interface_files

No, I didn't.  If you read my post, later I said that the compiler can do
it for you, but it is not suitable for human consumption.  The header file
generated has lots of formatting removed, and no comments.  It doesn't
even always strip out the implementation.  The OP's intention was to
maintain the header file with just the prototypes and docs so a user of
his code would not have the implementations in the way of the
documentation.

-Steve