storing the hash multiplier instead of the hash value

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 23 12:34:15 PDT 2010

On 23-mar-10, at 19:04, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> What I'm pushing for as of now is to move the associative array
> definition from opacity into templated goodies in object_.d.

that would be nice, that is one the main reasons Steven implementation
is faster.
It would be nice if this would be done by the compiler as rewriting
the calls as call to "normal" templates, i.e. to a specially named
templated struct (AArray for example) so that (syntactic sugar for the
name aside) that would be the same as a library implementation.
This would have two advantages:
- easy to replace the library implementation, as it would be even less
special
- easy to replace the usage in one piece of code with another
implementation (well truth to be told that is rather easy also now)

Fawzi