Few ideas to reduce template bloat

sebastien.f sebastien at noreply.com
Thu Mar 25 12:42:24 PDT 2010

This problem reminds me of a recent paper written by Bjarne Stroustrup (and others) describing and evaluating a technique named “generalized hoisting”. It’s applied  to the C++ STL iterators and removes lot of code bloat and increase performances surprisingly.
I found it a great read (as often with Bjarne.S) I thought you may find it interesting too.
It says the ideas apply to the D language too.

Minimizing Dependencies within Generic Classes for Faster and Smaller Programs.
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/SCARY.pdf