Implicit enum conversions are a stupid PITA

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Mar 25 23:31:25 PDT 2010

"BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
news:a6268ff11bc38cc9a74b199788a at news.digitalmars.com...
> Hello Nick,
>
>> I fear it's probably too late for that for D, but I do like it very
>> much.
>
> Why? The proposal is merely a compiler implementation detail rather than a
> language feature. It could even be done as part of a lint like tool.

A *lot* of D's design has already been based around the idea of C code doing
either the same thing or erroring when compiled for D. Plus, Walter loves
that strategy, and hates extra warnings. I'd love for it to happen, but I
guess I'm just saying "I ain't holdin my breath!"