D is dead, so now where it the money going?

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Sun Mar 28 04:23:16 PDT 2010

On 28-mar-10, at 12:10, Bane wrote:

> JamesKan Wrote:
>
>> Andrei wants some (he just wants money, huh). Walter? Shut it down.
>> Count
>> the people engaged in this <whatever it is>, and if a few select
>> capitalize on its failure, then, who are you? There is no money in D.
>> None. Nada. Religions are not for profit. It's OK to worship, whoever
>> <stupid> people want to. If TDPL goes to press, there is something
>> VERY
>> wrong (and there is).
>
> Bitching about your own life disappointments? Whenever you go
> everything appears the same? Here's an idea: go some place else!

yep it sure looks like it, why the hate?

For sure it is possible to use D fruitfully (I hope that I am doing
that).
I cannot talk too much about D 2.0 because I participated on
discussions mostly as outsider (i.e. non D 2.0 user), but I sure think
that there are improvements in D 2.0.
I don't agree with all changes, and I think that D 2.0 is not yet
ready for me, and D1.0 is quite good already, and I like its stability
(even it also botches sometime).
Still freezing D2 is for sure not a bad thing, and if the book
contributes to that then good...

Fawzi