literals

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Sun Mar 28 10:23:00 PDT 2010

On 28-mar-10, at 16:22, so wrote:

>> the one to use when things are ambiguos
>
> What ambiguity you are talking about?
> It is generic code, everything known.

right f(1) with overloaded function f is not ambiguous.

>> really the compiler cannot parse your function, and I can't either,
>> to me what you meant is the code I wrote.
>
> So you are saying a compiler is unable to parse this :
>
> T inv(T)(T m) {
> 	return 1.0 / m;
> }
> [...]
> I am not sure if i should answer you with the attitude of yours but
> lets have it.

you know with someone that uses a clearly fake email, does not bother
to actually check if the compiler doesn't by chance already do what he
would like to have, and the reason he bashes D, says "I don't want
implicit casts, because otherwise you know what I would like to have
happens, and besides cast is a nasty thing, so implicit cast must be
bad or something, and the name doesn't sound good... so you have to
abide my rule of no implicit cast"

well that looks like a troll, so as superdan says
"u don't reason with'em trollz."

still sometime you have to answer them just so that outsiders realizes
that those things are just FUD, and because sometime there is really
someone that wants to meaningfully contribute to the discussions, but
starts out in a bad way...

D numerical system is not perfect, and there are possible
improvements, for example I think that it could learn a couple of
things from fortran 90 numerical system (which mostly could be done
with templates), but it is definitely very usable.

goodbye

Fawzi