static foreach

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Mar 28 15:09:05 PDT 2010

Navin Kumar:
>It seems it would be more readable to have "static foreach" and simply put a caveat that it's only supported inside functions for now.<

I agree. I have recently written about it:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=107873

If you see at this document (about half of those ideas are now present in D2)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dconf2007/WalterAndrei.pdf

At page 52 you can see that Walter&Andrei too were appreciating the idea of a static foreach. So I presume you will see it in D3 or even sooner :-) I presume it's not a hard thing to implement. But Walter is busy, and Andrei's book was already late.

Bye,
bearophile