Bugzilla votes

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Mar 29 04:43:07 PDT 2010

I've taken a look at the votes in Bugzilla, and I've seen the bug reports that ask for a more tidy module system are among most voted ones, it's not just a pet peeve of mine:

Entry number 1:
Bug 314: "[module] Static, renamed, and selective imports are always public", 30 votes

Entry number 3:
Bug 313: "[module] Fully qualified names bypass private imports", 15 votes

Entry number 36:
Bug 1297: "[module] Static modules, aka enforcing static import.", 3 votes

Total 48 points for just three bugs! I think there are 252 bugs voted, 168 of them have 1 vote. 521 votes in total. So those three bugs cover more than 9% of all votes.
I hope Walter will take a look at fixing all the semantics of modules, that at the moment has holes like Swiss cheese.

Bye,
bearophile