literals

so so at so.do
Mon Mar 29 06:47:05 PDT 2010

> It would be nice to say "in this function, assume numeric literals are
> of type T," but that might be too specific a solution (could only apply
> to builtin types).  I don't think it's feasible for the compiler to
> infer what type it should use.
>
> -Steve

It would be nice indeed!
My proposal"ish" idea was exactly for this problem,
that removing "default literal" rule, and treating every implicit constant
(constant without literal) as a generic type.
I don't think it will ever happen even if i was able to provide full
parsing framework, since C is a strong opponent :)

Thanks!